Sunday, September 23, 2007

First patient in Second year

My first patient as a second year was a great patient. Last year we had a very hard time finding a class III but my very first patient of the year was a Class III. I only got one quad done on her since I had to wait for an instructor to give local anesthetic and I was pretty slow on probing and taking x-rays. But I was so excited she was a class III. She came off of a list from Mrs. Campbell so I should thank her.
My goal is to improve my time in probing and taking xrays. Next time I have a class III I would like to get at least 2 or 3 quads done. I know there is no way I could get all quads done (even though I have about 2 and 1/2 hours.
My patient in the afternoon no Showed. I even drove to her house to give her forms and a map to bring help her remember and get to the clinic ok. She wouldn't even answer her phone when I asked lilly to call. I was so stressed out. My first day of clinic and I already had a no show. So I called my husband, who I was going to use as a back up but not this soon in the semester. So he came and was my patient. He was a 1B and 1 quad of a 2. So it turned out ok but that is the worst when patients no show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home