Sunday, November 11, 2007

Sept. 25

Today I had a class III scheduled. I was looking forward to practice with her for mockboards. Since I don't have a mockboard pt. yet I'm hoping she will be able to qualify for me. But I didn't get a chance to check. She NO SHOWED on me. It seems to be typical of my patients. She was 1 hour and 30 min. late the firs day she came and all I had time for is xrays and OD (and I barely got that finished). So when 8:36 came around I figured she wasn't coming. I called her several times and than finally she answered and said her 2 year old was sick since last night (she didn't tell me this when I confirmed her last night) and she wasn't able to be come in.

I scrambled to find another pt. Every day counts and if you have several no shows than you will not get your quads done. At about 9 I finally found a pt. who I had scheduled next week. He was available to come in. He was a new pt. so I had to start with xrays and OD. He showed up at about 9:30 and again all I got done was xrays and OD. He is another class III but again I didn't have time to start him. I scheduled him to come back but knowing my luck I have a feeling he won't show.

My afternoon pt. was my brother. He was on time and he was of course a 1B. But I am very glad he came in. I got a full mouth xray and all 4 quads done. He is a great pt. I forgot to put eye wear back on him when I was polishing and I got prophy paste in his eye. I felt awfull. So, note to self ALWAYS make sure your pt.'s eye wear is on.

My goal is to try and get faster if I have pt.'s that show up late (even thought that is a little tough since you have checks all the time so you can't skip anything).
Try to come up with an idea to make sure pt.'s show or at least tell you the day before they are not coming. It would make it a lot easier on me if I knew Monday night that my pt. is coming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home