Sunday, November 11, 2007

Oct. 2, 2007

Today I had another pt. decide to show up 1 hour late. Ahhhhhhhhhh. She had to do an errand before she came to the clinic. Maybe I need to emphasize more how important it is for them to show up, be on time, or call if they have a problem. I got xrays and OD done. At this rate I will never get any quads done. She was 2 quads of a II and 2 quads of a V. I started one quad but didn't get finished. I had to take another day and schedule her back. My days are filling up with patients that should have been done by now.
Her mom hasn't been able to come in so I can finish her last quad either. She no showed on me and now she wants to come in so I can finish her. I am running out of room but I need her she is a class III. So if I can juggle a couple of patients maybe I can finish her and see an easier pt. in the same appt. I'll have to check my schedule to see where I can fit her in.

In the afternoon I had a class V. I got a full mouth series of xrays and all of his teeth cleaned. He was brand new today and I got everything done because he was on time. I love patients like that. He did have one interesting thing about him pallet. He had a bad tooth that was broken and needed to be taken out. He has an appt. to do that but what was interesting is that I could see the root of the tooth on his pallet through the tissue. Like the bad tooth was eating away at his tissue on the pallet.
I sure hope these days get easier. I need to get my quads done. I have never had a class where my grade depends on things that are out of my control. That is so frusturating. But you do what you can. I am still looking for a mock board pt. Since it will be here in about 3 - 4 weeks I sure hope I can find a reliable pt.
My goals to work on are my technique. Since I haven't had a chance to work on a difficult pt. I hope I will be prepared for when they do come in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home