Sunday, November 11, 2007

Oct. 30, 2007

Today is mock board day. I saw my patient at 8 since I wanted to get it over with. This morning I was thinking maybe I should have gone second so I could see how things were ran. But once I got the paper work figured out and I read over my WREB manual a couple of times I felt like it was any other clinic day. I was really watching my time and I had all my instruments ready and bibs and everything else that needed to be done. When I finally got my patient moved from the chair of the examiners back to me and I could start cleaning I felt like it was just another clinic day.
We had 2 hours to clean one quad and mark recession, probe and back up to the front so we wouldn't get docked for time. It sounds like a lot of time but I used every minute. It really was plenty of time but I really wanted to make sure I got him cleaned and the probe depths and recession.
I didn't do too bad. I was ok with the score I recieved. Next time I will know my occlusion better and check for recession a little better. That is where I missed a couple points on. I also missed 1 click of calculus.
I am really glad this day is over. I couldn't sleep last night thinking my patient wasn't coming or had completely failed the calculus removal. Until next mock boards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home