Sunday, November 11, 2007

November 6, 2007

We had another lad in the AM this morning. We learned how to transfer a pt. who is a wheel chair. We all had to be a pt. being lifted out of the chair and be the clinician doing the lifting. We also learned about desensitization. I was the patient for that in my group. I had four different materials placed in all four different quads. My faviorite was the Gel Kam. It tasted like metal for a few minutes after application but it went on clearer and looked a lot better as time went on. The second favorite was the varnish and the other two where awful. They gouped after a bit and my teeth didin't feel clean.
Than we learned about taking impressions again and emergency scenerios. It was a fun morning. I didn't have to worry if my patient was going to show or not. In the after noon my patient did NO SHOW. Luckily there was a patient waiting in the lobby wanting her teeth cleaned with no appt. She was hoping someone's patient would no show. She was a class V but I was sure glad she wanted to wait to get her cleaned. I didn't do too bad on her. I missed two clicks of calculus. I seem to better here in clinic than I do at the VA. One Wednesday I missed 9 clicks of calculus. I have never missed that much before. I need to try and adapt to new environments better. Or go slower and become more persice on my scaling technique.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kami said...

Sheri,

I am impressed by your posts. You are quite prolific even if you misspell your words. I was expecting a little bit more of your evervesant personality to come through in your writing, but instead your propensity for stress prevailed. I think that you really have become a good clinician and should be proud of where you are with your skills. Have a great break!

8:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home