Thursday, December 06, 2007

November 20, 2007

I had a new pt. this morning. I have seen the rest of family and now I finally got to see him. He has the worst mouth out of all the people I have seen from his family. In fact he is my Mock board pt. for Feb. 7. I was really worried how I was going to find one with such short time we had when returning in Jan. He does seem like a more difficult case though. He is a class III just like my other mock board but his calculus feels different. I cleaned one quad on him and I missed quite a few spots so I am hoping my skills improve so I am confident I can clean a difficult class III.
My afternoon pt. was an older gentleman who hates taking his blood pressure medication. He was in a week ago and his blood pressure was too high and they gave him a speech about it and sent him home. When he came in today his blood pressure was lower but he wouldn't stop telling me how he hates to take it. I emphasized again the importance of taking it or he could die. SInce it is considered the silent killer. He is also a very impatient man. He drinks a ton of coffee and he had a ton of stain. So I worked extra hard to try and remove it. I got out the air powder polisher and that seemed to help but it still wasn't removing it all.
The pt. was really anxcious to get out of the chair. He just wanted a fast cleaning. He told me to leave the stain, get what I could remove and than polish him. I explained the importance of a clean mouth and the problem with leaving stain on his teeth. He was full of questions after I explain a couple of things to him. He nicely calmed down a bit and let me finish his cleaning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home